I wanted to talk about judging others since I have been doing this a lot lately. I feel like there are others who do this too and I wanted to address this.
We have probably judged someone while not knowing anything about them or why they are doing so. I know I have, many times… sadly.
Yes, it’s good to judge someone to see if they will put you in danger but there is also a limit.
We are all entitled to our own opinion, but we shouldn’t cause others harm when we do judge.
I have seen many people just look at people and make a judgement that they are bad. They start to talk badly about them behind their backs, without knowing anything about where they come from or what they are going through. They just make an opinion about them too fast. These opinions that they make are not even based on the fact that the other person will hurt them.
I guess what I am trying to say is try to get to know someone before you make a judgement. You never know what they might be going through.
If you guys were wondering what TO DO so you don’t judge people that fast… here are some things that I do:
**The main thing is you have to notice that you are judging someone without really knowing them. This may be the hardest part but this is how I do it.
- Then when you see yourself doing so, mentally tell yourself to STOP
- Stand in the other person’s shoes and see WHY they may be doing what you were going to judge them for.
- Think of some random possible reasons why you would be doing such a thing
- Try to UNDERSTAND their situation and where they are from
- If you really aren’t able to think in their terms. Go talk to them, try to get to know them!
- This may actually end up making their day! You never know 🙂
- But at the end, just be KIND and UNDERSTANDING since they might be in a tougher place than what you can even think of.