How to Ask for Help:
When you’re at your breaking point, or you’re struggling with something, don’t be afraid to ask for help. Here are a few steps we put together 🙂
- Realize that it’s going to be okay. Your helper will not judge you. They love you wholeheartedly and want to be there for you. They are waiting for you to reach out to them. It’s only going to get better from here on out.
- Think about who you want to ask. Someone you love, trust, and know loves you as well. This can be your parents, siblings, teachers, counselors, or friends.
- Realize that the only thing stopping you is yourself. Think of what will happen if you ask. Your helper will give you a big hug, give you the yummiest chocolates in the world, and assist you in your struggles. You won’t have to face it alone! The worst thing that can happen is that they say no; you won’t die because you’re asking. Even if they do say no (which is pretty unlikely because you’re so awesome and loved), there’s always someone else to ask. 🙂 But seriously, who could say no to such an awesome person? You’re great! ❤
- Figure out when you want to ask them. For me, it’s easiest to get things done right away, or else I’ll spend forever worrying about it. Others might just need to set a time and it’s all good. But don’t overthink it; everything will be fine. Your helper cares about you and won’t be bothered, even if you call them at 3am.
- Breathe. You’re taking a big step here, and I’m incredibly proud of you. If you’re getting worried about asking, just take a deep breathe. IInnnn, and outttt. Repeat. Smile. You got this.
- Go for it! It’s time. You are ready and everything is going to work out. You can do this. I believe in you.